Monday, February 11, 2008

Thing 1, take 2

Okay, so maybe I spoke too soon! No sooner had I finished my last post and attempted to show my husband how easy it was to create an avatar by creating a Star Wars inspired avatar (think Ross' fantasy of Rachel in a Princess Lea inspired bikini from Friends) then that avatar decided to attach herself to my blog and stay for a while! I spent a frantic hour trying to get my current avatar back with absolutely no luck and finally gave up, shut the computer down, and prayed that my blog wouldn't get registered until after I fixed the mix up. I never did figure out exactly what happened, but managed to get things straightened out by creating a new Yahoo account and starting the avatar process over.

It was simply a reminder to me that sometimes when you are working with computers it is best to walk away, take some deep breaths, and try again. It also was a fitting reminder that I can never get cocky where technology is concerned. Although when in a crunch I can usually fake my tech savy, inside I always feel one step behind! Apparently I need these "23 things" even more than I thought!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very fun, I agree! And I love your avatar, but am wishing I'd seen the other one. You should see my avatar in Second Life: librarian stereotype meets hip east German teen rocker from the 80's.

I am surprised at how willing I am to put my opinions and thoughts out there in cyber-space. There is something deceptively safe and anonymous about typing in your office with no one around, that feels like journaling, only with the speed of e-mail. Dangerous! I hope no one takes me seriously!