Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing 8, data sharing

Not really sure what I am doing, but I trying to link to the database I made at Lazybase.com. So here goes nothing...

http://lazybase.com/dbhome?a=644485644

Is there an easier/better way to do this?

I called it "books I want to read" and thought I would send it out to my book club so they could let me know if any of the books I want to read might have potential for book club. It seems to always come down to me, so maybe this would help get more input from other members. I can see how lists like this might be helpful inner office or potential spots for reading lists? Maybe staff could recommend favorite books for patrons? I wish there was a way to spice up the looks of the database. It is a bit...drab!

Have I mentioned how excited I am that I am getting a second chance to finish 23 Things! I'm so glad they decided to have it again. I am really learning some interesting things. (granted some of them I should probably already know...but lets not talk about that!!) :-)

2 comments:

Mollie Pherson said...

Woo Hoo! Glad to see you have joined Round 2 of 23 Things on a Stick! Have fun along the way and remember there will be prizes to all who complete the program by September 15th. Enjoy!

Mollie from SELCO

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are doing Round 2 of 23 Things on a Stick! I wish you the best of luck and I do understand about thinking you ought to already some of this stuff. Had the same feeling but decided that it was just easier to dig into something like 23 Things to really try it out.